Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas


Well, I know it’s a few days late, but Merry Christmas! I’ve been wanting to write this post for the past few days but I convinced myself that since family was it town, paintball wars were to be won, movies were to be seen, food was to be feasted upon, it could wait. I don’t know why, but this Christmas has been the best one yet.(for me anyway) No, I wasn’t loaded up with tons of gifs or taken anywhere too spectacular, I was simply more in touch with the TRUE meaning of Christmas on a personal level. I will give partial credit to the song by Relient K called I celebrate the day. This song pretty much says it all, it encompasses Christmas in the last s lines of the song.(well, the entire song is great, but the last 3 words really hit home for me.)

With this Christmas wish is missed.
The point I could convey
If only I could find the words to say to let You know how much You've touched my life
Because here is where You're finding me, in the exact same place as New Year's eve
And from a lack of my persistency
We're less than half as close as I want to be

And the first time
That You opened Your eyes did You realize that You would be my Savior
And the first breath that left Your lips
Did You know that it would change this world forever

And so this Christmas I'll compare the things I felt in prior years
To what this midnight made so clear
That You have come to meet me here

To look back and think that
This baby would one day save me
In the hope that what You did
That you were born so I might live
To look back and think that
This baby would one day save me

And I, I celebrate the day
That You were born to die

So I could one day pray for You to save my life

Just read those last few lines again. We celebrate the day that HE was born to die so we could one day, PRAY for Him to SAVE our lives. I remember when I was younger hearing people say that Jesus was born to die, but it NEVER really hit home until I heard this song. I know it’s hard to get wrapped up in festivities and “stuff,” not only at Christmas time, any time. If we would live each day, waking up and praying, singing, dancing to, doing whatever you want to do to those last 3 lines, I cannot help but wonder how different our lives would be. I pray that you had a Merry Christmas and I hope that you can look at life with a different perspective. Think of Jesus, think of His sacrifice and love Him more.

No comments:

Post a Comment