Saturday, January 9, 2010

If God brings you to it He'll bring you through it


“If God brings you to it He’ll bring you through it.” I was having a rather weighty conversation with a friend the other night as we discussed some personal battles we both have been in, come out of, and are going through. In case you don’t know, getting personal with someone when it comes to your personal life is one of the most unnatural things you will ever force yourself to do. No one likes to go through difficult times and talking about those dark and lonely moments isn’t usually something that you enjoy reminiscing about. However, as we sat their FREEZING in Florida’s attempt at the next ice age, I realized something; a few things actually. You never understand why God allows you to go through trials, but there is always a purpose. As we swapped stories, I felt God whisper to me, “This is why.” Of course, I politely responded to Him, “Say what God?” Later on, as I was thinking about it, it hit me. One of the things that came out of a trial I went through was that I was blessed to have the opportunity to share that story; all its cliffhangers, nose dives, and triumphs with someone who had gone through a similar trial. And knowing that there is someone else, who can completely understand what you are going through, what you’ve been through, is a blessing in itself. I also realized how important it is to talk about the different places God has brought you to and through throughout your life, weather good or bad. Choosing a path of silence doesn’t get rid of your problem, it only makes it worse. I say all this to make one point: If God brings you to it He’ll bring you through it. When you are sitting in that dark place of loneliness, you’re broken and the world as you know it is crumbling to pieces, remember that the end is coming, and it will justify, make sense of, show you the purpose of why you had to stumble a little before you found your way. Never give up; the joy in the end is worth so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment