Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Reliance: Survival at it's Best





God has a way of teaching us things in very unusual and unique ways. It’s kind of humorous and I suppose, a but refreshing how you can grow up knowing a certain concept about God, but never really understanding it until He allows you to learn it on a personal level; God’s reliance: that’s where I am at the current moment. The past year and a half, two years, God has really tried and tested my commitment to Him. There have been many downfalls, disasters, and rock bottom moments, but there have also been times of faith and faithfulness, love, strength, and a will to just keep on fighting. All of this being said, learning to rely fully on God is a concept that many Christians know but they do not put into action. I’m not talking about learning to rely on Him when it’s the typical time to call upon the throne of the Father, or in those times where you really do hit rock bottom. All of those are desperately important, but I’m thinking about the sole reliance of survival. The type of grip that says “I cannot live, breathe, move, drive to work, pass this anatomy test, without YOU God,” type of reliance. (I know it may sound kind of absurd, but just hear me out.) When we begin to learn, really learn…not just know, that full reliance on God is pivotal for a genuine, joy-filled, relationship with the one, true, God, life begins to look a whole lot greener…and I’m not talking about just one side of the grass here. Think about it. If there is one thing, which there are many, that can truly set us apart from the unbelievers in this world, it’s the fact that we can call upon our God and know that He truly wants what is best for us. There is no selfishness in His decisions, no pride in His choices. He desires for us to be the best we can be. ( This isn’t possible apart from Him) He desires to bless us beyond our wildest imaginations! Most of the time He does; but we are so caught up in the traffic that we miss the beautiful sun rise, or too busy concentrating on the absurd people in the library to realize a young man reading his bible. Little encounters of every day life, to me, are blessings from God; tiny reminders of His love and his faithfulness. So next time you are running late for class, stressed out from studying, annoyed, or tired, take a look around; stop making yourself so important, and not only hear God’s voice, but look around…He is constantly waiting for you to receive the blessings He showers all day long. [all day every day :]

1 comment:

  1. So, this totally hit home for me...I struggle and struggle and only temporarily fix my problems but truly thinking about this post alone can help me on a spiritual, long term basis. You are the bestest everrr best frann :) I love you lotsssss!

    ReplyDelete